[protege-owl] class file for "DefaultKnowledgeBase" not found

Rahul rahul.patadia at my.westminster.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 10:10:35 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am new to protege owl api and I am trying to run a simple expample on the
webpage:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/ProtegeOWL_API_Programmers_Guide

However I am getting the following error: *class file for
edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase not found*
I have included all the necessary jar files mentioned.

[ Here is the list of all the jar files for reference:

   - *antlr-2.7.5.jar *
   - *arq-extra.jar *
   - *arq.jar *
   - *axis.jar *
   - *commons-discovery-0.4.jar *
   - *commons-lang-2.0.jar *
   - *commons-logging-1.1.1.jar *
   - *concurrent.jar *
   - *edtftpj-1.5.2.jar *
   - *ekitspell.jar *
   - *icu4j_3_4.jar *
   - *iri.jar *
   - *jcalendar.jar *
   - *jdom.jar *
   - *jena.jar *
   - *jep-2.4.0.jar *
   - *json.jar *
   - *junit.jar *
   - *kazuki.jar *
   - *log4j-1.2.12.jar *
   - *lucene-core-2.3.1.jar *
   - *orphanNodesAlg.jar *
   - *owlsyntax.jar *
   - *protege-owl.jar *
   - *stax-api-1.0.jar *
   - *swingx-1.0.jar *
   - *swrl-jess-bridge.jar *
   - *wstx-asl-3.0.0.jar *
   - *xercesImpl.jar *
   - *xml-apis.jar*  ]

The java program which I am trying to run is:

*package javaapplication2;*

*import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLModel;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.OWLNamedClass;
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ProtegeOWL;

public class Main {*
*

        OWLModel owlModel =  (OWLModel) ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModel();
        *
*    }*
*}
*

The complete error is:

*Protege_3.4.4\New
folder\JavaApplication2\src\javaapplication2\Main.java:25: *
*cannot access edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase
*
**
*class file for edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase not
found *
*OWLModel owlModel =  (OWLModel) ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModel();
1 error*

Please suggest me which jar file have I missed out?

I would appreciate the help.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Rahul