[protege-owl] OntologyLoadException When Using Eclipse for the Programmers Guide

Daniel Arndt Daniel.Arndt at uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jul 30 09:37:40 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the API and trying to set up my Environment...

I tried to execute the Programming Guides' simple program, but keep
getting an OntologyLoadException:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
	Unhandled exception type OntologyLoadException

	at OWLAPIDemoApplication.main(OWLAPIDemoApplication.java:8)

I added a Screenshot, so it is easier to see :

http://imgur.com/Cusmy

I added all the .jars in the plugin directory and the .jar from the root
directory of protege-3.4.4 to a User Library called Protege3Libs, just
like I used to do with the Jenalibs, which worked like a Charme.

Is there anyone who can help me, because it is not a good sign that even
the easiest program will fail just wenn it tries to create an empty
Ontology.
Can anybody see my mistake ?

Any Help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance