[protege-owl] Creating Ranges in Int DataTypes

Jack Elliott jack.elliott at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 30 15:17:15 PDT 2010

Hi Robert,

Yes, it is possible to create integer properties that are constrained to
certain values in Protege 3.4.4. This would mean to restrict a range of
a field from 1 to 10, you would have to enter 1,2, 3 ... 10 into
Protege. This might not be feasible depending on the type of your
restriction.

To do this, open the Properties tab, then open the Datatype tab and then
create a new Datatype by clicking on the green box with a plus sign
beside the text Datatype properties. Name the property, and then set the
Range to int. Then you can click on the plus button to add each valid
value (1, 2, 3...10 in our example above).

If you would like a true range - that is, to constrain the value from
1-10 without entering each digit- then you will need to use Protege 4.1.

thanks,

Jack