[protege-owl] Creating Ranges in Int DataTypes

Quratulain Rajput quratulain.rajput at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 23:32:28 PDT 2010

Dear Robert

This has been answered in previous mails.

You can specify in the Protege GUI the range for a certain datatype
property. For example, you can specify
that myDatatype property is of type float with a minimum value of 0. This is
done in the following way:

>>1. Open in Protege an OWL ontology
>>2. In the "OWL" menu -> "Preferences.." enable the "Support user-defined
>>XML Schema datatypes"
>>3. In the Properties Tab create a datatype property called myDatatype
>>4. For the property, select the range "Float" from the drop-down list
>>5. You will see in the GUI, two text boxes in which you can set the
minimum and maximum values for the
property. You
>> can set the minimum value to 0. These value constraints are also enforced
at individuals edit time.