[protege-owl] About webprotege, I need your help~~

Jack Elliott jack.elliott at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 9 16:30:33 PST 2010

Hi Rainbow,

> For the second question, I know that prompt can compare the two
> file-based project, but when I save all the data in database, How can
> I check the changes make by different users?

We think that you will need to enable the ChAO and use the UsersTab
view. To enable the ChAO, open your database project in the Protege
client and click on Collaboration -> Show Collaboration Panel. You will
be prompted for where you would like to create the Changes Ontology.
Give the information you would like for the database, but also take
careful note of where you save the pprj file. [1] Note that pprj files
are created by default in the same directory as the original pprj file
and are usually called annotation_OriginalProjectName.pprj.

You will now need to enable the multi-user mode, because you're running
Protege as a server. Start by logging onto your Protege server in
Administration Mode and creating a new Project instance. Set the
location of the project instance to the newly created annotation pprj
file. [2] Now, still in Administration Mode, go to the instance of your
original project and set the AnnotationProject property (far to the
bottom of the screen, you may need to enlarge the Server Administration
Panel) to point to your newly created annotation project instance. [3]

Change tracking is now enabled - all the changes made to your original
project will be stored in your newly created annotation project. To
visualize these changes grouped by user, reopen the Protege client and
enable the UsersTab (Project -> Configure and check the box labeled
UsersTab).

thanks,

Jack

1.