[protege-owl] Portuguese Pizza?! - not appropriate for German students!

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 09:21:07 PST 2010

On 11/09/2010 11:02 PM, Brigitte Endres-Niggemeyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I start Protégé with the standard Pizza from http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza.owl, I get a Portuguese pizza version. Nothing against Portuguese, but it is less suited for my German students.
> What can I do to get the original English-speaking pizza?

You should be able to display the ontology in English.  The Portuguese
is there just to show that you can use different languages with
Protege.  You can do this by changing the rendering.

In Protege 3, go to OWL->Preferences and click the Rendering tab.  In
the rendering tab either change the render with to rdf:id or use
rdfs:label and change the language to english (en) or german (de).
There does seem to be an refresh problem if you only change the language
(and the render with is set to label).  I had to switch to rdf:id and
back to get the language to take.

In Protege 4, go to File->Preferences and click the Rendering tab
again.  Then either select "Render entities using URI fragment" or
select "Render entities using annotation values", click Annotations and
set the language to "!,de,en". Unfortunately I have to give a caution
here also.  If you just type in the language and then click OK, the new
language doesn't always take.  You may need to set the language and
click away.  I need to change this panel anyway so I should fix this then.

-Timothy