[protege-owl] DL Query not showing individuals

Jorge Gomes jorgemcgomes at
Thu Nov 11 10:08:41 PST 2010

I am having some problems using DL Query.
In DL Query tab, I check the "Subclasses" and "Individuals" checkboxes. But
when I enter the query, sometimes only the classes show up, and not the
invididuals of those classes.

For example:
I have an individual A, initially asserted of type Thing.
Then I have class C, which has the subclasses C1 and C2.
The individual A is inferred as being of type C1. Obviously, it is also
inferred as being of type C.

But if I enter the query "C", it only shows the classes C1 and C2, and not
the individual A.
Although, if I enter the query "C1" the individual A shows up.

Am I doing something wrong?
Here is an ontology with this example:

Jorge Gomes