[protege-owl] Blank node

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Thu Nov 11 12:09:08 PST 2010

On 11/08/2010 07:27 AM, deamon deamon wrote:
> Hi
> I want to know more about blank node in protege . How are they
> refereced in the rdf/owl file?
> Does node id mean that this node is a blank node?

Sorry for the delayed response.  In OWL, a blank node might be used to
represent an anonymous individual.  Because of some awkwardness with the
OWL specification, Protege 4 doesn't yet do a very good job of
displaying anonymous individuals.  But I believe that anonymous
individuals will display perfectly fine in Protege 3.  They will be
given a name that starts with the @ symbol.