[protege-owl] "add covered axiom" as used in tutorial

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 12 10:37:20 PST 2010

This tutorial was written by the co-ode group which is no longer
active.  Unfortunately the tutorial, which is quite good, has some
errors in it.  There is an errata for the document that usually contains
corrections for any issues in the document.

In this case, the "Add covering axiom" doesn't make sense for the
AmericanHotPizza.  In order to use the "Add covering axiom" menu, you
need a class with subclasses.  So for instance if you have a class hierarchy

then "Add covering axiom" will create the statement that

    A = B or C.

-Timothy