[protege-owl] About webprotege, I need your help~~

Jack Elliott jack.elliott at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 12 13:56:41 PST 2010

Hi Rainbow,

Protege Web Browser support was discontinued some time ago. It is only
known to work against Protege 3.0, which is now a much older version of
Protege, so it will not work with OWL or newer ontologies saved with the
current version of Protege (3.4.4).

It's probably also worth pointing out that WebProtege does things that
the Protege Web Browser doesn't seem to; there's support for embedded or
remote Protege instances, user configured front-ends, custom display
widgets and much, much more.

The website for the Protege Web Browser says the page only exists
"because we like to have historical records of the various extensions
that have been developed for the Protege platform". [1]

thanks,

Jack

1. http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Web_Browser#Level_of_Support