[protege-owl] Following SWRL Rules

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 15 08:05:38 PST 2010

> The problem is that Atoms are not in the right order so i must rebuild
> the path order according to the order of the variables, what is
> somehow hard. Is there another way to do this ?

I will have to ask Martin about this.  I am not sure why the order of
the variables should be wrong.  I know that there is an issue with this
in the OWL api which is used by Protege 4.

> Now there is another program that needs to understant where the value
> from fatherName(?x,?name) came from.

As a general rule, this is a hard problem.  A reasoner does many things
and will not necessarily tell you how it reached its conclusions.  You
may have some domain-specific knowledge that is allowing you to identify
the rule.   A more general solution would be to use an explanation
utility but I have never tried this with swrl rules.

-Timothy