[protege-owl] UnresolvedBuiltInClassException in swrl rules

Nundloll, Vatsala vatsala at
Tue Nov 16 08:34:53 PST 2010

Regarding the creation of the user-defined swrl built-ins, I have now
been able to create the namespace for the builtin. But when I try to
execute the rule in Jess engine, I get the following error message:

Exception running rule engine: error running Jess rule engine: Jess
reported an error in routine invokeSWRLBuiltIn

                while executing (invokeSWRLBuiltIn ?ruleName
?builtInName ?index false $?dependsOnVariables $?variableNames

                while executing defrule MAIN::InvokeSWRLBuiltInRule.

  Message: exception thrown by built-in p1:lessThan_test in rule
assException: unresolved built-in class for prefix 'p1' in rule

I would be grateful for your suggestions.