[protege-owl] Retrieving Necessary and Sufficient Conditions from Class

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 19 08:36:50 PST 2010

On 11/19/2010 07:45 AM, Rodolfo Rieckhof wrote:
> Hello,
> i want to get all Necessary and Sufficient Conditions from an
> arbitrary Class. How is this done with the Protege OWL API 3.4.4.
> Right now i am using Jena

In a choice between the OWL API 3.4.4 and Jena, I would tend to favor
Jena.  The main advantage of the Protege OWL 3.4.4 api is that it will
give you easy access to other Protege capabilities - e.g. you want to
write a Protege 3 plugin or you want to use some Protege 3 widget or
utility.

I was just looking at the javadoc and the Jena OntClass has a
listEquivalentClasses method.

> but i though in the protege API should this be already implemented.

In the Protege 3 OWL api, RDFSClass and hence OWLNamedClass has a
getEquivalentClasses method.

-Timothy