[protege-owl] Problems with Manchester OWL Editor

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at
Fri Nov 19 10:02:02 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Guillermo Garcia
<guillermo at> wrote:
> Person and name value "Peter Parker"
> where
>    Person -> FOAF ontology Class
>    name -> FOAF ontology Data Property
>    "Peter Parker" -> Literal
> But the query editor doesnt let me execute the query because he cant resolve
> the conflict between the "name" Data property and the "name" Object Property
> (both define en FOAF ontology).

Where are these both defined in foaf? The documentation says the range
is a literal. In the RDF I see:

  <rdf:Property rdf:about=""
vs:term_status="testing" rdfs:label="name" rdfs:comment="A name for
some thing.">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource=""/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource=""/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource=""/>
    <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource=""/>

The Editor always think that name is the