[protege-owl] Problems with Manchester OWL Editor

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:02:02 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Guillermo Garcia
<guillermo at ggarciao.com> wrote:
> Person and name value "Peter Parker"
> where
>    Person -> FOAF ontology Class
>    name -> FOAF ontology Data Property
>    "Peter Parker" -> Literal
> But the query editor doesnt let me execute the query because he cant resolve
> the conflict between the "name" Data property and the "name" Object Property
> (both define en FOAF ontology).

Where are these both defined in foaf? The documentation says the range
is a literal. In the RDF I see:

  <rdf:Property rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name"
vs:term_status="testing" rdfs:label="name" rdfs:comment="A name for
some thing.">
    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#DatatypeProperty"/>
    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Thing"/>
    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Literal"/>
    <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"/>
    <rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label"/>
  </rdf:Property>

-Alan

The Editor always think that name is the