[protege-owl] Resources downloaded via internet

Jon Vassbø jkv at knowit.no
Tue Nov 23 01:06:51 PST 2010

Hello,

I am creating a java application that uses protege and protege-owl libraries
(version 3.4.4) for connecting to a Protege instance.
I have noticed that during Ontology loading, several files are requested via
internet in the method AbstractOWLModel.loadImportedAssertions(), more
specifically:
http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/dc/protege-dc.owl
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
http://swrl.stanford.edu/ontologies/3.3/swrla.owl
http://sqwrl.stanford.edu/ontologies/built-ins/3.4/sqwrl.owl

Is there any way to avoid this, and storing these resources locally? I see
that the URLs are hardcoded in several java classes, which makes me worry
that there is no way around this...

I would really like to make my application not having to depend on being
connected to the internet (or that the 3rd party servers are up, for that
matter).

Any help greatly appreciated!

-
Jon Vassbo