[protege-owl] Problem with direct import

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 23 11:03:41 PST 2010

I would have to see the ontologies to be sure but I suspect that the
problem is that the owl ontology that you are importing does not include
an ontology header.  According to the OWL 2 specification [1] such an
ontology is included and not imported.  The specification explicitly
states that the triples from the imported ontology are included and that
the imports statement be removed.  Weird.

There was some discussion about this before and some of us agreed that
the OWL api should have a loophole to allow us to ignore this part of
the specification.  I think that it never became a GForge ticket.  I
created one now [2].

-Timothy

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-mapping-to-rdf-20091027/#Resolving_Included_RDF_Graphs
[2] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3116841&group_id=90989&atid=595534