[protege-owl] Different individual with same name

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 24 08:32:29 PST 2010

So you have two different individuals with different full names whose
display name is C.  This is probably usually not recommended because it
will create exactly the problem that you are having.  When you say the
individual C, which individual do you mean?  This means that the display
name can't be used to determine which individual you are talking about.

If you modify the ontology slightly and make the full name for the one C
individual start with

    http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/8/a.owl#

and the other start with

    http://www.semanticweb.org/ontologies/2010/8/b.owl#

then you could use "Render entities using annotation values with
prefixes" to distinguish the two versions of C.  Then the one dlquery
would look like this:

    hasPart some { C }

and would contain the individual A and the other dlquery would look like
this:

    hasPart some { b:C }

and would contain the individual B.

There was a problem reported with this recently so using "render
entities using annotation values with prefixes" may not quite be ready
yet.  I will try to push out an update for it later today.

-Timothy