[protege-owl] Different individual with same name

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Wed Nov 24 10:44:56 PST 2010

On Nov 24, 2010, at 12:21 AM, Tran Binh wrote:

> I have create one class named "province" and one subclass of it named
> "district".

Just on another note, I'm not sure this is really what you mean.

Is every district a province?  That is the meaning of using subclass.

Later on you correctly relate the provinces and districts using a
different property (hasPart).  That suggests to me that Province and
District are not subclasses of each other, but rather different types
of government bodies.

A proper use of subclass might be to have province with a subclass for
coastal-province.  But districts and provinces are, I think, disjoint
classes rather than child and parent classes.