[protege-owl] installation issues in protege

venkat prabhu sweetvenkat83 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 05:41:28 PST 2010

Hi,
  This is prabhu PG student. I am new to protege 3.4.4 .i am using win xp. i
tried to run example program in protege.stanford.edu site
KnowledgeBasePrinter, FacetsExample are working. BackendNewProjectExample is
not working it shows error as follows.

 I set environmental variable as follows
classpath  .;C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.4\protege.jar;C:\Program
Files\Protege_3.4.4\plugins\edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl;
path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin

Error

D:\test\backend>javac BackendNewProjectExample.java
BackendNewProjectExample.java:7: package
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.rdf.c
onfigurable does not exist
import edu.stanford.smi.protegex.storage.rdf.configurable.*;
^
BackendNewProjectExample.java:40: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class RDFCBackend
location: class backend.BackendNewProjectExample
        RDFCBackend factory = new RDFCBackend();
        ^
BackendNewProjectExample.java:40: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class RDFCBackend
location: class backend.BackendNewProjectExample
        RDFCBackend factory = new RDFCBackend();
                                  ^
Note: BackendNewProjectExample.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
3 errors

Help me to solve the error

Thanks in advance
R.Prabhu