[protege-owl] Usage of ManchesterOWLSyntaxEditor outside Protege

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sun Nov 28 17:05:55 PST 2010

On 11/26/2010 03:11 PM, Keith Vander Linden wrote:
> Person and (hasAge some xsd:integer[>= 14])
>
> but the DLQueryParser#parseClassExpression() linked above throws an error
> (copied below) when parsing it. I recall getting this error with an earlier
> version of Protege at one point. Could the example code you link have an old bug
> that has been fixed in the current version of Protege?

I remember this bug and it has been recently fixed in Protege 4.  Until
this is resolved, you can use the version of the owl api
(org.semanticweb.owl.owlapi.jar) that comes with the latest Protege.

I found the lines of code in the OWL api that caused this problem but
somehow neglected to write a GForge ticket for this issue.  I think that
I had some doubts about this bug.  I still have these doubts but I have
created a GForge ticket [1] for this anyway.  I figure that Ignazio and
Matthew will know the right fix.

-Timothy

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3121903&group_id=90989&atid=595534