[protege-owl] Define a Class as type owl:ObjectProperty, or vice versa?

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 13 08:39:19 PDT 2010

>> Is that valid in OWL?
>>
>> say, I have classes C_S, C_P and C_O; And I define the class C_P as
>> ObjectProperty as well.
>> Is that valid to construct a triple statement of [I_S, I_P, I_O]?
>> where I_S, I_P and I_O are individuals respectively.

This is valid in OWL 2 through the use of punning.  Essentially there
is an object property that has the exact same name as the class C_P.
In addition there will be a  property that has the exact same name as
the individual I_P.

To me the real question is whether this is the best way to get at what
you are trying to say.

-Timothy