[protege-owl] Adding new data type in protege

Timothy Redmond tredmond at
Fri Sep 24 09:21:23 PDT 2010

Yes you can - I actually didn't know that this feature was fully
functional.  If you look at the views menu you will see that there is a
Datatype view (Views->Datatype Views->Datatypes).  You can then insert
this somewhere on some tab and this view will allow you to create the
desired datatype.

In fact it is not hard to create a datatype tab that is modeled after
the other entity tabs (the classes, object properties).  I created one
(attached) that you can import using Tabs->Import Tab.