[protege-owl] SKOS labels, annotation vs datatype properties [Fixed]

Frederick Giasson fred at fgiasson.com
Thu Feb 10 10:43:28 PST 2011

Hi Everybody,

I followed this thread in the past [1] because I was facing the same
issue for UMBEL's development [2]. Timothy's answer leaded me to make a
request to the SKOS committee to ask them to fix this issue [3]. After 3
months, the SKOS-DL [4] ontology as been updated and now includes a
versionIRI. This change has been approved and the errata is accessible
here [5][6].

After downloading the latest build for Protégé 4.1, and testing on
UMBEL, I can confirm that this issue seems fixed for my usecase. The
SKOS-DL's versionIRI seems to be used properly, and no annotation
properties are "duplicated" as data properties. Maybe that other people
that experienced this issue could also confirm.

[1]
https://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/2010-April/013948.html
[2] http://umbel.org
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2010Nov/0016.html