[protege-owl] SPARQL for object property between classes

Tran Binh thaibinhtran at
Wed Feb 15 05:20:51 PST 2012

Hi all,
I create a very simple rdf file with protege. I create 2 classes: A and B;
then an object property: canObserve. I set A canObserve B. It works
perfectly with protege when I query:

 thing and canObserve some B => it return class A, even individuals of A

but it returns nothing when I use SPARQL with Jena.

 "PREFIX rdfs: <>"
 "PREFIX rdf: <>"
 "PREFIX test:
 "select ?data "
 "where {?data test:canobserve test:B.}"

Any advice/help. I need it urgently.

Thanks in advance,

Sent from the Protege OWL mailing list archive at