[protege-owl] import "wordnet.owl"

Haibo Hu hbhu at cqu.edu.cn
Tue Feb 21 01:36:26 PST 2012

Hi,

I use Protégé 3.4 and got the same problem a few months ago.

Perhaps there are 2900000 or more triples in the file!

This problem due to memory limitation of your Java VM. It may be solved (depends on your computer capability) by allocating more memory to Java VM for running Protégé.

Find ‘run_protege.bat’ in your Protégé folder and edit the item in it:
set MAXIMUM_MEMORY=-Xmx500M

You can allocate more space such as to 1024M or 2048M (typically less than half of the total physical memory in your computer, or will be denied to run Protégé).

For Protégé 4, there may be the same way to deal with this problem.

Cheers
Haibo Hu