[protege-owl] create owl

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 22 08:25:04 PST 2012

Sure enough you are using the Jena IRI class

> import com.hp.hpl.jena.iri.IRI;

If you are going to use the owl api to work with OWL files then you
probably don't need Jena and can remove this from your classpath.

But I am wondering what library you should be using.  In general I
usually recommend the OWL api for OWL work.  But if you want to work
with Protege 3 or use a Protege 3 plugin, then you should use the
Protege 3 OWL api instead.  So I would recommend the OWL api but want to
be sure when making that recommendation that you don't have some other
reason why you would need a different API.

-Timothy