[protege-owl] specifying individuals as domain and range of object property

Joshua TAYLOR joshuaaaron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:42:07 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:34 AM, prajna devi upadhyay <kirtu26 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i would like to create an ontology and specify the properties among
> individuals of classes. i can only specify the classes as the domain and
> range of properties. but i also want to specify the individuals in the
> domain and range of object property. is it possible?.

The domain and range of properties have to be classes, but depending
on exactly what you want, you might be satisfied with enumerated
classes.  For instance, in the attached ontology, there are three
individuals (a, b, c, d), and a property p.  I've declared that the
domain of p is {a, b} and that the range is {c, d}.  This means that
whenever I see a triple ?x p ?y, I know that x must be one of a and b,
and that y must be one of c and d.  Is this what you were looking for?

//JT

--
Joshua Taylor, http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~tayloj/