[Special Fees] IMPORTANT! How to turn in paper petitions

Adam Adler ajadler at elections.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 8 01:45:13 PST 2012

As you know or should know, the deadline to file a declaration of intent
and to collect signatures for your petitions is 5:00 PM this Friday. If you
miss this deadline, there's nothing I can do to help you. For those of you
using paper petitions, I must receive your petition by 5:00 on Friday.
There will be two ways for you to get your paper petitions to me:

1. I will be juggling in White Plaza from 3:00-5:00 on Friday. You can hand
your paper petition to me personally. My phone number is 314-605-6373. You
can call me if you can't see me.
2. I will place a petitions drop off box at the front of the ASSU/SSE
office in Old Union. The box will be there all day on Friday (up until
5:00).

If for some reason neither of the above options works for you, send me an
e-mail or text or phone call.

*Formatting for your paper petitions: *If you want to be sure your petition
will be counted correctly, you must take the following steps:

1. For special fees groups only--You must turn in your petition as it was
presented to your signers. This means you have to submit the paper petition
with the budgetary information attached (as it was when you presented it to
signers). We need this to verify that your paper petition matches the paper
petition packet I sent you. *Failure to attach this information will result
in the invalidation of your paper petitions.*
*
*
2. Paper clip all of your petitions together. I'll be receiving a bunch of
group's/slate's petitions at the same time and I don't want to lose track
of which sheet goes with which candidate/slate.

Adam