[tcpcrypt-dev] Kernel patch for Linux 3.10.10?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Mon Sep 9 09:17:24 PDT 2013

Mark Handley wrote this message on Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 08:15 -0700:
> I think dormant would be a better description.
>
> Two years ago we failed to get much traction for the takeup of tcpcrypt.
>  I think all the people who worked on it still believe it's the right
> thing to do, and the internet drafts had been kept alive.  With recent
> events, it's likely there's more demand than two years ago, and we're
> looking into how to move forward on this again.

So, does this mean we should get the draft going again?  How do we?
Can someone like myself take up the banner to get it going?

I have some time on my hands now, and am interested in getting this
work into FreeBSD's kernel (not just a userland implementation)...

My closest experience w/ the IETF is trying to get a mime-type registered
w/ the IANA...

Glad to see that some of the original people are still around. :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579