[tcpcrypt-dev] Assertion `tcp->th_flags & 0x02' fails

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Sep 10 14:15:55 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

I've enabled the user space implementation of tcpcrypt on my Linux box.
Unfortunately, the daemon crashes frequently with the following
assertion failure:

  tcpcryptd: tcpcrypt.c:1843: do_output: Assertion `tcp->th_flags & 0x02' failed.

Is this a known issue? Is there a simple fix for it, maybe?

I'm using the latest version from Github's master branch in the "elite
setup" as described in INSTALL-Linux.markdown.

Take care,
Peter