[theory-seminar] Algorithmic toolbox (Sampling and Counting) first meeting

Rad Niazadeh rad at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 15 07:46:09 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Thanks for casting your votes and signing up for the “Algorithmic toolbox
reading group”. We are planning to have a head start by starting in the
last week of this quarter through an overview session, and we start the
technical meetings by the beginning of the next quarter. In this informal
overview session we go briefly over topics related to recent advances in
sampling and counting (and some classic results) that we would like to be
covered and you like to be covered. We will also mention a few open
problems that hopefully by the end of the reading group we will have enough
tools to attack them. Nima and I will try to moderate the meeting. Bring
your suggested topics!

 So, based on the pole, the first meeting is going to be tomorrow.

Time: Friday March 16, 2:30-4:30 pm (tomorrow!)
Location: TBD.

I apologize for the short notice. Feel free to come even if you haven’t
signed up.

ps. Please feel free to forward this announcement to whoever you think that
might be interested.

 Looking forward to seeing all of you!
Cheers,

Rad