[theory-seminar] Books in Theory Seminar Room (463A)

Brian Axelrod baxelrod at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 4 11:41:59 PDT 2018

Hi,

When I was travelling this summer my office got accidentally cleaned out and all my textbooks got moved into the theory seminar room (463A) or were lost.

Sadly, I've been unable to recover all my textbooks. If you've borrowed a textbook from the room recently, or otherwise obtained a textbook that looks like it's mine, can you please let me check if it was mine or drop it off in one of the locations listed below (no questions asked)? They're mostly math textbooks and a couple of CS books.

Some of the books are of sentimental value to me as they were gifts from a professor or are from classes I worked really hard on. It will be very sad if I'm not able to recover some of them. Most of the missing ones were bound at the MIT printing press as opposed to a mass market printer and look the part (but still nicer than a ring binding).

Some of the book include:

Nonlinear Optimization

Introduction to Representation Theory by Etingof

Probability Theory by Durret

A bound copy of my MIT master's thesis (author is Brian Axelrod)

Some of the titles I don't remember off the top of my head but it includes:

2x Statistics Books (both by Stanford Profs if I remember correctly. One is a classical text, the other is modern)

Convex Geometry

A Small algebraic geometry paperback (mass market bound)

[Nonlinear] Optimization

A bound set of notes by Terence Tao (I think these have my scribbles in them making it easy to identify)

I never wrote down a complete inventory, so if you borrowed another mathy book from the room recently, I'd really appreciate you getting in touch with me to let me check if it was mine.

If you don't want to reach out to me (I won't be angry at you!) and want to return a book anonymously you can do so at by visiting one of the admin listed below:

Megan Harris's office, rm 479

Lashonda Eagels, rm 217 (if she's not around Tin Tin can open the office, she works in rm 152)

Thanks for your time!

Brian