[theory-seminar] Papafest: Christos's 70th birthday celebration at Columbia

Clément Canonne ccanonne at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 8 19:31:09 PDT 2019

Hi,

This may be of interest to some: there is a 3-day event at Columbia on
September 6-8, to "celebrate Christos Papadimitriou’s contributions to
science on the occasion of his 70th birthday, through a mix of talks,
panels, and fun activities."

Details here: http://papafest.cs.columbia.edu/

The list of speakers is quite impressive: Sanjeev Arora, Michael
Collins, Michael I. Jordan, Anna Karlin, Jon Kleinberg, Elias
Koutsoupias, Adi Livnat, Noam Nisan, Prabhakar Raghavan, Scott Shenker,
Eva Tardos, John Tsitsiklis, Leslie Valiant, and Umesh Vazirani, Santosh
Vempala.

Registration is free, but if interested, they ask that you register
online by providing your email address (counting, I assume. It's a hard
problem).

-- Clément