[theory-seminar] Complexity theory courses this quarter

Li-Yang Tan liyang at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 26 21:02:32 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great spring break!

I'm teaching two courses on complexity theory this quarter:

- CS254B <http://theory.stanford.edu/~liyang/teaching/complexity21b.html>,
a graduate-level introduction to the field.  The course is structured
up to the present.  Among other topics, we'll take a deep dive into the
Hardness vs. Randomness paradigm, one of the major achievements (and
surprises!) of complexity theory.

- CS359A <http://theory.stanford.edu/~liyang/teaching/concrete-seminar.html>,
a research seminar on concrete complexity.  A main focus of the seminar
will be on mapping out the research frontier, developing fruitful research
directions, and tackling research problems together.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing you in
class next week.

All the best,
Li-Yang