[theory-seminar] Theory lunch announcements

David Wajc wajc at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 8 08:00:00 PDT 2021

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great summer.

With Autumn quarter just around the corner, now is a good time to announce
that theory lunches will take place in person outside (barring bad weather
or other factors), in one of the tree pits in the engineering quad, with a
whiteboard. *Come enjoy outdoor in-person socializing with other theorists!
*The first gathering of the quarter, September 23rd, will have no talk, and
will be dedicated to socializing and catching up with people in the group.

For the next meetings, in addition to some confirmed speakers, we're
counting on *you* to make theory lunch a success. Here's how you can help.

*Speakers:* Got a great result you're just itching to tell the group about?
Let us know!
*Organizer(s):* I’m looking for people to take over organizing theory
lunch. So, if you’re looking to do some service and/or have more say about
which great theorems you hear about over lunch? Let me know!

Cheers,
David