[theory-seminar] Course announcement: The Sum-of-Squares Algorithmic Paradigm in Statistics

Tselil Schramm tselil at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 22 13:02:06 PDT 2022

Hello theorists & friends,

I am teaching a graduate course this coming quarter (STATS 314A), "the
Sum-of-Squares Algorithmic Paradigm in Statistics." I am advertising it
here as I hope it will be of interest to many on this list. Here
<https://tselilschramm.org/sos-paradigm/sos-paradigm.html> is the course
website + syllabus.

To some of you, the theme may be familiar from my STATS 319 offering from
Winter 2021. Even though there will be overlap in content, I expect this
edition will be quite different: the format will be lectures rather than
student presentations, the pace will be more leisurely, and the scope will
be broader (these seemingly contradicting assertions are possible because
we'll have 3x more time).

Hope you are having a lovely Spring Break!
-Tselil