[sea-list] Summer Plans for Stanford Effective Altruism

Jake McKinnon jakemck at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 21 23:10:54 PDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying the start of your summer.  We won't be holding
any regular meetings this summer, but I do want to let you know where you
can find similar discussions for a few months.  A few people from our club
and I will be joining the fine folks at South Bay Effective Altruism,
hosted in the residence of alumni Alex Richard and frequent attender Linch
Zhang.

You can check out their first meetup of the summer here:
https://www.meetup.com/South-Bay-Effective-Altruism/events/240904996/.  My
first time attending Stanford EA was discussing the same topic, and I
really enjoyed the discussion.  Definitely recommend checking it out (feel
free to let me know if you'd like to carpool/uber/lyft there or back).

Happy summer!
Jake

P.S. I'll also try to host a few meetings at Stanford, likely with some of
the South Bay EA people.  Will send out future updates about these.