[sea-list] Stanford EA Rock Climbing, Social Event Planning, and Facebook Group

Jake McKinnon jakemck at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:02:31 PDT 2017

Hey everyone,

Yesterday, a lot of people expressed interested in doing social events with
other Stanford Effective Altruism members, in addition to our  Sunday
discussion meetings.

Are you interested?  Fill out this Doodle Form for Availability
<https://doodle.com/poll/4q43ystz29pencit>

Also, we are always looking for suggestions! Have cool suggestions for
social activities or just want to indicate interest? Fill out this google
form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPri7qr3gTc7T7BoGWtmIyCgwpPXkbKUPPonJP7rFgBvyrzQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
A few in-meeting suggestions were baking bread, climbing, board games +
discussion, watching EA-relevant movies, and hiking.

A couple of us will be trying impromptu bouldering/climbing at AOERC (Arrillaga
Outdoor Education and Recreation Center) tonight at 7:00pm if you'd like to
join.  I believe shoes cost $3, but it's otherwise free for anyone with gym
access (i.e. all students, most other stanford affiliates - bring your
SUID).

Finally, here is our facebook group.
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/1446656625629965/>

We don’t currently use it much, but feel free to use it as a casual jumping
point for EA discussions or coordination. Cheers!

- Jake