[sea-list] Board Games on Friday + Meetup Announcement

Jake McKinnon jakemck at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 19 11:29:35 PDT 2017

Hello everybody,

How’s your week going? This Friday at 8PM, we’ll have board games at Old
Union 220. Chat with Stanford Effective Altruism members and play lots of
fun games like Avalon, Coup, Settlers of Catan, Bughouse Chess, Dixit, Wits
and Wagers, Poker, and many others! (And bring your own games if you wanna
play something else).

Don’t like board games? No worries; we’re actively planning other social
events for the future, keep tuned!

In the meantime, we’ll have another meeting on Sunday, with 30 minutes of
unstructured discussion followed by 30 minutes of structured discussion.
For structured discussion, this week’s topic is The Moral Imperative
Towards Cost-Effectiveness in Global Health, based on this paper
<https://www.cgdev.org/sites/default/files/1427016_file_moral_imperative_cost_effectiveness.pdf>
by Oxford’s Toby Ord. As usual, we’ll be meeting at Sunday 4:30PM in Old
Union Room 122.

See you there,

Jake