[sea-list] Baking on Saturday! + Meetup Announcement

Jake McKinnon jakemck at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 27 19:34:26 PDT 2017

Hi everybody,

How was your week? This Saturday at 10PM, Stanford Effective Altruism will
be making bread together in Casa Zapata. Chat with Stanford Effective
Altruism members and make delicious food!

Want to have (some) more structure in your discussions? Come to our meeting
on Sunday!

This week, we’ll have 30 minutes of unstructured discussion followed by 30
minutes of structured discussion. For structured discussion, this week’s
topic is the importance of the long-run future. If you want a head-start
thinking about this topic, check out this podcast
<https://80000hours.org/articles/why-the-long-run-future-matters-more-than-anything-else-and-what-we-should-do-about-it/>
on 80000 Hours (transcript
<https://80000hours.org/articles/why-the-long-run-future-matters-more-than-anything-else-and-what-we-should-do-about-it/#full-transcript>
available). As usual, we’ll be meeting at Sunday 4:30PM in Old Union ROOM
122.

After our meeting on Sunday, some Stanford EA members will grab food
together at FloMo. Feel free to come along!

See you there,

Jake