Catchup with webauth developers?

Bradley Beddoes b.beddoes at qut.edu.au
Mon Apr 9 18:24:57 PDT 2007

Hi Russ,
Russ Allbery wrote:
> Bradley Beddoes <b.beddoes at qut.edu.au> writes:
>
>> At the moment we are getting close to releasing a fairly big chunk of
>> open source work which we call the enterprise sign on engine (esoe)
>> which is a Java based system for doing web based SSO (SAML2),
>> authorization(XACML), identity management and so forth for enterprise.
>
> Is your work related to Shibboleth and the SAML work done by Internet2?

Not directly, we needed a few pieces of flexibility that openSAML didn't
provide and also a stable SAML2 implementation a long time before Scott
and others believed it would be so there is a Java and C++ SAML2
compliant implementation from scratch as part of the release.

The ESOE however does integrate with shibboleth (and openID plus others
which are planned) as part of its design, its very flexible to other
identity solutions in that way.

>> Given that the developers of WebAuth have a lot of experience in open
>> sourcing large WebSSO systems and maintaining them in a university
>> environment I thought it would be great if I could stop by and have a
>> chat about what works, what doesn't and so forth. Also how we may be
>> able to support the webauth protocol in what we are doing.
>
> Sure, I'd be happy to meet and chat for a bit, and I expect our
> architecture folks may also be interested in talking to you.
>
> I will be in another conference at the same time as JavaOne, but the
> conference is local (held at SLAC) so I'll still be in the area; I'll just
> have limited availability during the day.

How would sometime on the 18th May suit yourself and others? This is the
Friday after JavaOne finishes and I will still be in the area at
meetings and so forth.

regards,
Bradley