webauth & filemaker

Marco Wise marco.wise at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 6 14:11:15 PST 2007

Hi Emma, Susanne,

Just wondering if my earlier suggestions to Peter Sells made it to
you and whether they worked...
Copied below.

- marco

<snip>
If you are using a proxy, the SUNet ID will be passed to the web
server as an HTTP header. You can find some information about that
here: http://www.stanford.edu/services/kerberos/developer/#webauth
(scroll down to the bits about proxy service).

The trick here will be to have Filemaker's Custom Web Publishing
retrieve that information. I think Filemaker has a function for that
(get_header): http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/documentation/
fmsa8_custom_web_guide.pdf
<snip>