ssl accelerator card

Huaqing Zheng morpheus at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 20 13:41:54 PST 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:47:47PM -0800, Jeanmarie Lucker wrote:
> Web Team
> Residential Dining Enterprise is looking at purchasing an ssl
> accelartor card or appliance. I contacted MedIRT, Fletcher C. said
> they were using  BigIP load balancers with an ssl accelerator
> module.  What other groups are using ssl accelerators with WebAuth.
> Is there a recommended product or product that is  your personal
> favorite?

We don't use SSL acelerators and have no experience with them.  Last I
checked, a hardware accelerator cost as much as a new 1950, so if you
have a scalable architecture, there's no reason to buy accelerators.

--
Huaqing Zheng <morpheus at stanford.edu> -------------- Stanford University
Principal System Software Developer ------------- Unix Applications, ITS