allowing pass-through for read-only via proxy

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:31:42 PDT 2007

Thanks Russ.  That appears as if it should work; I must not be giving
the proper syntax.

Most everything in /twiki/bin/* is a Perl script, and directories
("webs") and pages ("topics") are parsed dynamically before
displaying.  Thus, in TWiki-land, the request:
http[s]://[sitename]/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

... is parsed by the "view" script, but the text that's parsed as a
page comes from:
/var/www/twiki/data/Main/WebHome.txt

I though this might be addressed by changing:
<LocationMatch "^/twiki/bin/.*">
to:
<LocationMatch "^/twiki/bin/.*/*/*">
... and by changing:
<Location "/twiki/bin/view">
to:
<Location ~ "/twiki/bin/view/*/*">

But that doesn't work: when loading a page anonymously, most of the
page renders normally, and then, after almost all content is
displayed, an auth dialog pops up (I think this is authenticating
access to some, but not all, graphics on the page).  I can also use
"edit" and other scripts without logging in at all, so my syntax can't
be correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
~John