allowing pass-through for read-only via proxy

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 13:48:23 PDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Russ Allbery <eagle at windlord.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Look at the links for all the content on the page (if you're using
> Firefox, Page Info will give you this).  My guess is that it's loading
> images or something from another path that you'll also need to open up to
> the world.

That was definitely part of it: some links to images were hard-coded
into a page.  Fixing those links alleviated the need to login just to
view, which is good.

> That you can edit other things anonymously is worrisome, though.  That
> seems to indicate that's going through a view script.

I think this was due to my bad syntax; now I have:
<LocationMatch "^/testtwiki/bin/.*/*">
  AuthType WebAuth
  allow from all
  require valid-user
  satisfy all
</LocationMatch>

<Location ~ "/testtwiki/bin/view/*">
  satisfy any
</Location>

Now I'm asked to log in before editing, which is also good... the
problem is even after logging in and confirming with WebAuth, I'm now
getting "authentication required" errors from the application.  So I
think (hope) the syntax above is proper, and that the problem is now
only on the application end.

Thank you,
~John