making a semi-private website

Laurent Lessard lessard at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 19 00:53:56 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of webauth. Hopefully someone on
this list can help!

I'm making a website (hosted on my AFS space) using PHP. The site will
be public, but I want to provide the option to log in using an SUID;
this will reveal additional private content. Ideally, I would like to do
this with a single index.php file:

1) If no user is logged in, the public site is displayed along with a
LOGIN button. This button goes to the webauth gateway and back to the
site once the user is done logging in.

2) If a user is logged in, additional private content is displayed, and
the button changes to a LOGOUT button.

How can I go about doing this?

thanks,
Laurent