webauth 3.7.3 solaris 10 x86 segfaults

Russ Allbery eagle at windlord.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 22 15:55:12 PST 2010

Gary Buhrmaster <gtb at slac.stanford.edu> writes:

> I have found that I need to apply the following patches to prevent
> webauth from segfaulting on solaris 10 x86 on the first access to the
> site (with no other configuration other than including webauth loading
> in the conf).  (Note that solaris does not map low address storage, so
> null pointers usually result in segfaults.  Note too that I have not had
> time to go back and see if I can actually get webauth to work, I got
> distracted with other activities after spending quality time with dbx.
> Note lastly that I am not sure that this should not be fixed in a
> different way, my goal was to stop the segfaults and then get to the
> next steps; I only have accomplished the first part).  If this is
> helpful to someone, great:

Interesting.  What that seems to indicate is that the module was getting a
request where the Apache request_req struct had no notes table initialized
and had no per_dir_config structure initialized.  The defensive coding you
have here shouldn't break anything, so I'll go ahead and commit it for the
next release, but I'm a little bit suspicious of your Apache.

What version of Apache is this?