LDAP redundancy with Webauth and Apache 2.2

Russ Allbery eagle at windlord.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 1 13:46:32 PDT 2011

John DeStefano <john.destefano at gmail.com> writes:

> The fact that this remains in the documentation for 2.2, and there's
> no mention of deprecation, makes me suspect a local configuration
> problem, which is certainly possible.  I'll scan for that.  If there's
> a way to integrate this into the service alias solution, which seems
> like a cleaner way to configure, I'd be interested to know, but aside
> from the service type of the auth provider, that doesn't seem to have
> much to do with Webauth.

There might be some way to integrate it, but it's hard to tell since there
seems to be no documentation in the official manual for those directives.
So I'm really not sure what they're doing.  From the name, though, they
sound like they may be specific to the authentication provider, which
would explain why they're not working.

The LDAP module that comes with WebAuth also doesn't support multiple
servers, although that support should be added.  I'll file a bug about
that internally so that we'll remember.