How do I permanently remove WebAuth from a Mac?

Gareth Cook garethideas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:22:45 PDT 2011

I have a (secondhand) iMac (OS 10.7) from my brother, who used to work at
Stanford. It has something on it that diverts me to the Stanford "WebAuth"
page every time I try to visit an academic journal page, and then I am
stuck, because I do not have a Stanford password. It happens in every
browser I have. I would be so, so grateful if someone could tell me how to
remove this from the computer. Please help me!

Thanks,
Gareth

--
Gareth Cook