Shibboleth Error Message: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

Fletcher Cocquyt fcocquyt at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 9 13:36:20 PDT 2011

Apologies if there is a better suited list  -
I am debugging a new shibboleth setup according to
https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/shibboleth/sp

This is in development  and we are receiving the error:

³Error Message: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party ³

from:

https://irt-dev-web-01.stanford.edu/secure/

I am able to retrieve the /Shibboleth.sso/Metadata but need some pointers
where to debug next.
I noticed other folks referring to rely-party.xml which is missing from  our
/etc/shibboleth dir.
The only mention of ³rely² is commented out in the stanford supplied
shibboleth2.xml:

<RelyingParty Name="SpecialFederation" keyName="SpecialKey"/>

Any pointers where to debug next are appreciated ­ this is our first
shibboleth config
NOTE: Not sure if its relevant in this case, but I needed to comment out the
following directive to get the Stanford supplied shibboleth.conf to pass at
all

#ShibSchemaDir /usr/share/xml/shibboleth

Otherwise the error is ³Invalid command 'ShibSchemaDir', perhaps misspelled
or defined by a module not included in the server configuration²
And apache fails to start

thanks

--
Fletcher Cocquyt